What if I don't have an attorney?
You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford one, you may request a court-appointed attorney if you are financially unable to employ counsel (you must meet federal poverty guidelines). Requests can be made with the Chapin Municipal Clerk of Court on your assigned court date.

Show All Answers

1. Do I have to appear in court?
2. What happens if I fail to appear for my court date?
3. If someone is proven guilty, who decides the sentence?
4. I was told I could speak to the officer before court. Do I need to make an appointment?
5. Can I speak to the judge, regarding my case?
6. What if I don't have an attorney?
7. How can I get referrals for an attorney?
8. How do I know if my license is suspended?
9. If my driver's license is suspended for failing to pay a traffic ticket, how do I get it back?
10. Can I pay a higher fine to have my points reduced or taken off?
11. How can I pay my fine?